The Bay Regatta - Phang Nga
Now in its 21st year, the Bay Regatta, will start on January 31 in the Phuket and Phang Nga provinces in Thailand. It will end on February 4 at Ao Chalong Bay, Phuket. The Bay Regatta in Phang Nga Phuket is magnificent and breathtaking in scope and scenery. There will be more than 40 yachts and 250 contestants. Sailors, beginners, professional boat racers, water enthusiasts and nature lovers will mingle with famous and non-famous visitors for four consecutive fun-filled days. All of them will bask in the spectacular view of the Phang Nga Bay, which has been the film location of several popular movies, including James Bond Island.
Phang Nga Bay is unforgettable and a sight to behold. Visitors will never forget the beautiful limestone cliffs, the smell of the fresh water and the mammoth rocks that tower majestically above the pristine waters. Unsurpassed fun awaits every participant and spectator. In fact, contestants and tourists have been coming back for years to the regatta since it was founded in 1998. The continued support of the Yacht Racing Association of Thailand and the Tourism Authority of Thailand have made the event one of the most exciting water sports competition around the world. Strong contenders from countries like Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Russia and Singapore are keenly awaiting the dates to begin the competition.
There is a new route and destination that are assigned each day. After that, an evening party celebrates each new destination and participants. The attendees will have the privilege of staying overnight and sleeping at the incredible and extraordinary anchorages that are provided for them. They also have the choice of sleeping in their boats or at the local guest houses, villas and beach resorts.
2018 Bay Regatta Schedule
- On January 31, Wednesday, the registration for the event will be held from 12 noon to 5:30 p.m. After this, a short briefing and a buffet will follow. It will start at 6:00 p.m. The venue is the luxurious and ultra-modern Chandara Resort and Spa, which is located northeast of Phuket. The spa resort is about 20 minutes away by taxi from the Phuket International Airport. It is half an hour away from downtown.
- February 1, Thursday, Race Day 1's schedule will start from Ao Po to the top of Phang Nga Bay. The regatta will follow the customary route that goes from Phang Nga Bay to Koh Yao Noi, which is the day's destination. It will pass the awe-inspiring caves of Ko Phanak, the Ko Hong islands and the iconic James Bond Island, which is named after the blockbuster movie The Man with a Golden Gun. Upon arrival at Koh Yao Noi, there will be a welcoming open-air celebration at the fabulous Koh Yao Chukit Dachanan Resort, which is located on Pasai Beach.
- The itinerary for February 2, Friday, Race Day 2 requires a two-night stop at Krabi, which is a stunning island filled with limestone caves, unspoiled lakes, beaches and lagoons. To get there, the fleet will have to pass the Hong Island, the Royal Palace and Ralaee Beach. The yachts will also sail through the private and isolated Ko Pak Bia's Islands.
- On February 3, Saturday, Race Day 3, the regatta is going to sail around the magical Ko Dam Group of Islands. The day will end back at Karbi in Ao Nang Beach where the attendees will be treated to a dinner and prize presentations at the five-star and newly built ShellSea Krabi, which is an upscale boutique resort.
- February 4, Sunday, Race Day 4, is the final night of the 2018 Bay Regatta. From Ao Nang, the fleet will head back to Phuket. Some of the yachts will perform the amazing Spinnaker downwind sprint as they sail. The sprint is a spectacular feat that involves the use of a huge balloon in the front of the boat as they sail for Ao Nang through the Koh Yao Yai waters, which is adjacent to the large Koh Yao Yai island. The island is a tranquil eco-friendly refuge that gained the world's attention from a notable and favorable feature in the National Geographic magazine. Upon the arrival of the attendees at Phuket, a party and concluding awards ceremony will be held at the airy and spacious Kan Eang II Restaurant, which is located in Chalong Bay. At 8 p.m., the buffet, live music and awards presentation will commence.
There is more information is available at www.bayregatta.com.
Phang Nga Resort Hotel
This luxury Phang Nga resort hotel and villas where the guests are never disappointed. Awarded as Thailand's best small green resort, it is the finest beach accommodation choice for the regatta attendees. Every visitor is pampered and treated like royalty. Guests can expect superior linen, clean, modern and beautiful furnishings and absolute relaxation in the natural surrounding and all the things associated with the best things in life.
The spa facilities are state-of-the-art. Several beneficial health programs are tailored for guests. There is no detail that is too small when it comes assuring the guests that they are valued and welcome. The Phuket International Airport is 25 minutes away from the Aleenta Phuket Resort and Spa.
Related to Articles
- Phang Nga Bay
- Temples in Phang Nga
- How to Get to Phang Nga Bay
- Why is Phang Nga Bay Famous
- Phang Nga Holiday Guide
- Rawai Sea Gypsy Village
- Islands to Explore in Phang Nga
- Similan Islands in Phang Nga
- Wat Suwan Kuha in Phang Nga
- Samet Nangshe Viewpoint
- Turtle Sanctuary