There are BBQ chickens, and then there is Kai Yang – Thai BBQ Grilled Chicken. Perfectly grilled over open charcoal fire, it’s juicy, moist, with perfect fragrant that makes you swallow in anticipation of the signature taste – rich, well rounded sweet and salty and all the things that makes Thai food not good, but GREAT.
Here’s a basic recipe that anyone can do. So, what are you waiting for, get out the grill but there is no need to hurry. Life is slow here in Thailand and the chicken does need a day to marinade. Here’s what you need.
- 2 pieces of Chicken thighs (approx. 300 gram each)
- 1 TBS of Coriander root, chopped
- 20 cloves of Thai garlic, peeled
- 1 TSP of white pepper corn
- 1 TBS of Fish Sauce
- A pinch of Palm Sugar
- Using a pestle and mortar, pound all of the dry ingredients together into a fine paste.
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces with paper towel.
- Work in the paste, fish sauce and palm sugar and leave to marinade over night, or at least for 4-5 hours.
- Char grill chicken for about 15-20 minutes, turning regularly serve with a bowl of Thai Jasmine rice or sticky rice.
Akaryn hotel group will continue to bring you helpful at home tips during these uncertain times #FromAKARYNwithLove